Rhode Island Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 1,045 sq miles
(water) 500 sq miles
(TOTAL) 1,545 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 20 miles from the Connecticut border, directly east to Providence
- Vertical Length: 41 miles from the Massachusetts border, directly south to Charlestown
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (2) Connecticut and Massachusetts
- Counties: (5) Map
- County: (largest by population) Providence 623,844
- Geographic Center:is 1.2 miles southwest of Compton, in Kent County
- Highest Point: Mt. Jerimoth Hill, at 812 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 203 ft.
- Relative Location
Rhode Island Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.