Rhode Island Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 1,045 sq miles
(water) 500 sq miles
(TOTAL) 1,545 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 20 miles from the Connecticut border, directly east to Providence
- Vertical Length: 41 miles from the Massachusetts border, directly south to Charlestown
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (2) Connecticut and Massachusetts
- Counties: (5) Map
- County: (largest by population) Providence 623,844
- Geographic Center:is 1.2 miles southwest of Compton, in Kent County
- Highest Point: Mt. Jerimoth Hill, at 812 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 203 ft.
- Relative Location
Rhode Island Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.