Rhode Island Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 1,045 sq miles
(water) 500 sq miles
(TOTAL) 1,545 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 20 miles from the Connecticut border, directly east to Providence
- Vertical Length: 41 miles from the Massachusetts border, directly south to Charlestown
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (2) Connecticut and Massachusetts
- Counties: (5) Map
- County: (largest by population) Providence 623,844
- Geographic Center:is 1.2 miles southwest of Compton, in Kent County
- Highest Point: Mt. Jerimoth Hill, at 812 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 203 ft.
- Relative Location
Rhode Island Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World