- Land Area:
land) 79,610 sq miles
water) 7,326 sq miles
TOTAL) 86,936 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 281 miles
- Vertical Length: 385 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point,
straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will
vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (4) North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Wisconsin
- Counties: (87) Map
- County: (largest by population) Hennepin, 1,116,200
- Geographic Center: Approximately 10 miles southwest of Brainerd in Crow Wing County
- Highest Point: Eagle Mt., 2,301 ft.
- Lowest Point: Surface of Lake Superior, 602 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1,216 ft.
- Relative Location