Delaware Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 1,954 sq miles
(water) 535 sq miles
(TOTAL) 2,489 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 35 miles along its complete southern border with Maryland
- Vertical Length: 85 miles from Newark, directly south to the Maryland border
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Counties: (3) Map
- County: (largest by population) New Castle 498,935
- Geographic Center: is located 1/2 mile north of Felton in Kent County
- Highest Point: located at a point just south of the Pennsylvania border, standing at 447 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 58 ft.
- Relative Location
Delaware Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.