Delaware Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 1,954 sq miles
(water) 535 sq miles
(TOTAL) 2,489 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 35 miles along its complete southern border with Maryland
- Vertical Length: 85 miles from Newark, directly south to the Maryland border
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Counties: (3) Map
- County: (largest by population) New Castle 498,935
- Geographic Center: is located 1/2 mile north of Felton in Kent County
- Highest Point: located at a point just south of the Pennsylvania border, standing at 447 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 58 ft.
- Relative Location
Delaware Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.