Delaware Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 1,954 sq miles
(water) 535 sq miles
(TOTAL) 2,489 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 35 miles along its complete southern border with Maryland
- Vertical Length: 85 miles from Newark, directly south to the Maryland border
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Counties: (3) Map
- County: (largest by population) New Castle 498,935
- Geographic Center: is located 1/2 mile north of Felton in Kent County
- Highest Point: located at a point just south of the Pennsylvania border, standing at 447 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 58 ft.
- Relative Location
Delaware Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World