Northwest Territories Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 1,140,835 sq km
(water) 205,271 sq km
(TOTAL) 1,346,106 sq km
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all provinces)
- Horizontal Width: (example) 1,260 km (783 miles) from Nahanni National Park, east to border with Nunavut.
- Vertical Length: (example) from Tukloyaktuk southeast to Fort Smith 1,221 km (1,440 miles)
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Provinces: (3) Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Bordering Territory: (2) Nunavut, Yukon
- U.S. Border: 291 km (181 mi)
- Geographic Center: is located within Great Bear Lake
- Highest Point: Mt. Nirvana, 2,773 m (9,098 ft.)
- Lowest Point: Beaufort Sea, 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
Provinces & Territories Of Canada
This page was last updated on September 29, 2015.