Northwest Territories Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 1,140,835 sq km
(water) 205,271 sq km
(TOTAL) 1,346,106 sq km
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all provinces)
- Horizontal Width: (example) 1,260 km (783 miles) from Nahanni National Park, east to border with Nunavut.
- Vertical Length: (example) from Tukloyaktuk southeast to Fort Smith 1,221 km (1,440 miles)
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Provinces: (3) Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Bordering Territory: (2) Nunavut, Yukon
- U.S. Border: 291 km (181 mi)
- Geographic Center: is located within Great Bear Lake
- Highest Point: Mt. Nirvana, 2,773 m (9,098 ft.)
- Lowest Point: Beaufort Sea, 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World