Northern Ireland Facts
- Name: Northern Ireland
- Capital City: Belfast (641,638 pop.)
- Northern Ireland Population: 1,810,863 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: British Pound Sterling (GBP)
One British Pound Sterling
- Ethnicity: White 92.1%, Asian 4.0%, Black 2.0%, Mixed 1.2%, Chinese 0.4%, other 0.3%
- GDP total: $54 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $31,899 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, Irish
- Largest Cities: (by population) Belfast, Londonberry, Lisburn, Newtonabbey, Bangor, Craigavon, Castlereagh
- Name: The Irish word for Ireland is Eriu, who was a Gaelic goddess. Northern was added with the formation of the northern country.
- National Day: March 17, St. Patrick's Day
- Religion: Non-Roman Catholic Christian 45.57%, Roman Catholic 40.26%, other 14.18%
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
Countries of Europe
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.