Northern Ireland Facts
- Name: Northern Ireland
- Capital City: Belfast (641,638 pop.)
- Northern Ireland Population: 1,810,863 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: British Pound Sterling (GBP)
One British Pound Sterling
- Ethnicity: White 92.1%, Asian 4.0%, Black 2.0%, Mixed 1.2%, Chinese 0.4%, other 0.3%
- GDP total: $54 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $31,899 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, Irish
- Largest Cities: (by population) Belfast, Londonberry, Lisburn, Newtonabbey, Bangor, Craigavon, Castlereagh
- Name: The Irish word for Ireland is Eriu, who was a Gaelic goddess. Northern was added with the formation of the northern country.
- National Day: March 17, St. Patrick's Day
- Religion: Non-Roman Catholic Christian 45.57%, Roman Catholic 40.26%, other 14.18%
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World