|Land Area||30,278 km2|
|Water Area||250 km2|
|Total Area||30,528km2 (#136)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Democracy Under A Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$509.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$44,900|
View all cities in Belgium
- Coastline: 41.01 miles (66.5 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 11,690 sq miles (30,278 sq km)
(water) 97 sq miles (250 sq km)
(TOTAL) 11,787 sq miles (30,528 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 10 provinces in Belgium. They are Antwerpen, Brabant Wallon, Hainaut, Liege, Limburg, Luxembourg, Namur, Oost-Vlaanderen, Vlaams Brabant, West-Vlaanderen; note - the Brussels Capitol Region is not included within the 10 provinces
- Horizontal Width: 141.88 miles (228.33 km) from Ostend southeast to Bastogne
- Vertical Length: 69.17 miles (111.32 km) from Chimay north to Antwerp
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands
- Geographic Center: About 16.27 miles (26.18 km) southeast of Brussels
- Highest Point: Botrange 2,276 feet (694 m)
- Lowest Point: North Sea 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is the most populated city in Belgium?
Brussels is by far the most populous metropolitan area in Belgium, and is also the capital city. Approximately 1,789,447 people live throughout the entire metropolitan area.
Biggest Cities In Belgium
What are the major rivers of Belgium?
The Meuse River is the largest river to pass through Belgium. Other major rivers include Scheldt River, Oise River, Semois River, and Leie River.
Major Rivers Of Belgium
What Languages Are Spoken in Belgium?
Dutch, French, and German are the 3 official languages of Belgium, while English is also widely spoken throughout the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Belgium?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Belgium?
The Flemish ethnic group is the largest group in Belgium, followed by Walloon and Italian.
Largest Ethnic Groups And Nationalities In Belgium
What type of government does Belgium have?
Belgium has a representative democratic, constitutional monarchy. The Prime Minister of the country serves as the head of government. The Belgian Parliament has two chambers, the Senate and the Chamber of Representatives. The Parliament and the government exercise the federal legislative power. The executive power is vested in the Government. The King of the Belgians is the head of state.
What Type Of Government Does Belgium Have?
What is the Capital of Belgium?
The capital of Belgium is the City of Brussels, which is the largest of the 19 municipalities within the Brussels-Capital Region. This city also serves as the administrative center of the European Union.