|Land Area||425,400 km2|
|Water Area||22,000 km2|
|Total Area||447,400km2 (#56)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic; Highly Authoritarian|
|GDP (PPP)||$202.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$6,500|
View all cities in Uzbekistan
- Name: Uzbekistan
(long form) Republic of Uzbekistan
- Capital City: Tashkent (2,200,000 pop.)
- Uzbekistan Population: 28,661,637 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Uzbekistani Soum (UZS)
- Ethnicity: Uzbek 80%, Russian 5.5%, Tajik 5%, Kazakh 3%, Karakalpak 2.5%, Tatar 1.5%
- GDP total: $104.7 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $3,500 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Uzbek (official) 74.3%, Russian 14.2%, Tajik 4.4%, other 7.1%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Tashkent, Namangan, Samarkand, Andizhan, Bukhara, Nukus, Qarsi
- Name: Uzbek is considered to come from two Turkish words: vz, which means "genuine," and bek, which means "genuine man."
- National Day: September 1
- Religion: Muslim 88% (mostly Sunnis), Eastern Orthodox 9%, other 3%
This page was last updated on September 29, 2015.
Which Is The Largest Ethnic Group In Uzbekistan?
The Uzbek people account for 83.7% of Uzbekistan’s population. Tajiks, Kazakhs, and Russians are the largest ethnic minority communities in the country.