- Name: Turkey
(long form) Republic of Turkey
- Capital City: Ankara (4,431,719 pop.)
- Turkey Population: 80,694,485 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: new Turkish Lira (YTL)
- Ethnicity: Turkish 70-75%, Kurdish 18%, other minorities 7-12%
- GDP total: $783.1 (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $15,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Turkish (official), Kurdish, other
- Largest Cities: (by population) Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Adana
- Name: The Turkish form of Turkey's name, Turkiye, translates to "land of the Turks," with the suffix -iye meaning "owner" or "land of"
- National Day: October 29
- Religion: Muslim 99.8% (mostly Sunni), other 0.2% (mostly Christians and Jews)
|Land Area||769,632 km2|
|Water Area||13,930 km2|
|Total Area||783,562km2 (#36)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,700.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$21,100|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World