- Name: Singapore
(long form) Republic of Singapore
- Capital City: Singapore (3,547,809 pop.)
- Singapore Population: 5,460,302 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD)
5 Singapore Dollars
- Ethnicity: Chinese 76.8%, Malay 13.9%, Indian 7.9%, other 1.4%
- GDP total: $325.1 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $60,900 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Mandarin (official) 35%, English (official) 23%, Malay (official) 14.1%, Hokkien 11.4%, Cantonese 5.7%, Teochew 4.9%, Tamil (official) 3.2%, other Chinese dialects 1.8%, other 0.9%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Singapore
- Name: Singapore's name translates into 'Lion City' although lions most likely never inhabited the region; it was probably a tiger that was first seen, mistaken for a lion
- National Day: August 9
- Religion: Buddhist 42.5%, Muslim 14.9%, Taoist 8.5%, Hindu 4%, Catholic 4.8%, other Christian 9.8%, other 0.7%, none 14.8%
|Land Area||687 km2|
|Water Area||10 km2|
|Total Area||697km2 (#176)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$488.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$87,100|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World