- Name: Pakistan
(long form) Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Capital City: Islamabad (1,330,000 pop.)
- Pakistan Population: 193,238,868 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Ethnicity: Punjabi 44.68%, Pashtun (Pathan) 15.42%, Sindhi 14.1%, Sariaki 8.38%, Muhajirs 7.57%, Balochi 3.57%, other 6.28%
- GDP total: $230.5 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,900 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Punjabi 48%, Sindhi 12%, Siraiki (a Punjabi variant) 10%, Pashtu 8%, Urdu (official) 8%, Balochi 3%, Hindko 2%, Brahui 1%, English (official; lingua franca of Pakistani elite and most government ministries), Burushaski, and other 8%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Multan, Hyderabad, Peshawar
- Name: Urdu and Persian meaning 'Land of the Pure,' Pakistan is an acronym of the five Northern units of India: Punjab, Afghan Province, Kashmir, Sind and Baluchistan; the letter 'i' was added as a means of ease in pronunciation
- National Day: March 23
- Religion: Muslim 95% (Sunni 75%, Shia 20%), other (includes Christian and Hindu) 5%
|Land Area||770,875 km2|
|Water Area||25,220 km2|
|Total Area||796,095km2 (#35)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$988.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World