- Name: Sudan
(long form) Republic of the Sudan
- Capital City: Khartoum (639,598 pop.)
- Sudan Population: 34,847,910 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Sudanese pound (SDG)
20 Sudanese pounds
- Ethnicity: black 52%, Arab 39%, Beja 6%, foreigners 2%, other 1%
- GDP total: $86.67 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,600 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official), English (official), Nubian, Ta Bedawie, diverse dialects of Nilotic, Nilo-Hamitic, Sudanic languages note: program of Arabization in process
- Largest Cities: (by population) Khartoum, Omdurman, Port Sudan, Kassala
- Name: Sudan translates to "Land of the Blacks" from the Arabic Bilad as-Sudan.
- National Day: January 1
- Religion: Sunni Muslim 70% (in north), Christian 5% (mostly in south and Khartoum), other/indigenous beliefs 25%
|Land Area||1,861,484 km2|
|Total Area||1,861,484km2 (#15)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$176.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$4,500|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World