- Name: Senegal
(long form) Republic of Senegal
- Capital City: Dakar (1,030,594 pop.)
- Senegal Population: 13,300,410 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: CFA franc
1000 Central African CFA francs
- Ethnicity: Wolof 43.3%, Pular 23.8%, Serer 14.7%, Jola 3.7%, Mandinka 3%, Soninke 1.1%, European and Lebanese 1%, other 9.4%
- GDP total: $27.01 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), Wolof, Pulaar, Jola, Mandinka
- Largest Cities: (by population) Dakar, Grand Dakar, Pikine, Thies Nones, Saint-Louis, Ziguinchor, Tiebo
- Name: From the Senegal River, whose name comes from the Portuguese variant Zenaga - a tribe who dominated much of the area north of Senegal.
- National Day: April 4
- Religion: Muslim 94%, Christian 5% (mostly Roman Catholic), indigenous beliefs 1%
|Land Area||192,530 km2|
|Water Area||4,192 km2|
|Total Area||196,722km2 (#86)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$39.72 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,600|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries