|Land Area||1,246,700 km2|
|Total Area||1,246,700km2 (#22)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$189.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$6,800|
View all cities in Angola
- Name: Angola
(long form) Republic of Angola
- Capital City: Luanda (5,172,900 pop.)
- Angola Population: 18,565,269 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Angolan Kwanza
One Angolan Kwanza
- Ethnicity: Ovimbundu 37%, Kimbundu 25%, Bakongo 13%, mestico (mixed European and native African) 2%, European 1%, other 22%
- GDP total: $114.8 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $6,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Portuguese (official), Bantu and other African languages
- Largest Cities: (by population) Luanda, Huambo, Lombito, Benguela, Kuito
- Name: Meaning, "Land of Ndongo," named for the early-modern state built by Bantu speaking peoples.
- National Day: November 11
- Religion: indigenous beliefs 47%, Roman Catholic 38%, Protestant 15%
Where is Angola?
Angola is a country located in Southern Africa. The country was a former Portuguese colony but gained self-rule in 1975. After years of civil war, Angola is slowly emerging as a major economic powerhouse in Africa, and has one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
Fun Facts about Angola
What Kind of Government Does Angola Have?
Angola is a presidential republic, whereby the President of Angola is both head of state and head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Angola Have?
What Languages are Spoken in Angola?
Angola is a Southern African nation with a single official language and several national languages. Portuguese, introduced during the colonial era in the country, is spoken widely in the country. It is the official and most spoken language of Angola. Kikongo, Umbundu, and Kimbundu are the most popular indigenous languages of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Angola?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Angola?
More than one-third of Angolans are Ovimbundu, while around one-fourth are Ambundu. The Bakongo people comprise the third largest Angolan ethnic group.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Angola
What Kind of Amphibians Come From Angola?
Angola's native amphibians include Hildebrandtii ornatissima, an endemic frog that can survive in both dry and moist environments. Other amphibians include the bushveld rain frog and the Masako ball frog.
Native Amphibians Of Angola
What is the Largest Religion in Angola?
60% of the population of Angola identifies with being Roman Catholic, the largest religious group in the country.