The world has numerous holiday destinations and amusement parks that are targeted by visitors worldwide. It a time becomes difficult in choosing the best place for holiday vacation considering the overwhelming number. Most people look for parks and adventure destination that are comprehensive to their needs ranging from children fan parks to historical and eye-catching scenes. The following is an analysis of the top-rated amusement parks.
Disneyland refers to the location of the Disney franchise in Anaheim, California. It was opened in 1955. The main attractions in the Disneyland Park are the eight themed lands that cover approximately 84 acres. These lands are:
- Main Street, USA is the first place visitors see when they visit the park. This street was designed by Walt Disney to bring back somewhat nostalgic memories by designing the railway station, Disney Art Gallery, double-decker buses, and the Opera House.
- Adventureland was designed to transport visitors to an exotic place that is in a far-away region of the world.
- New Orleans Square is home to the attraction of the Pirates of the Caribbean Park and the Hunted Mansion.
- Frontierland is an area set to depict American history. It has the attraction of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Sailing Ship Columbia.
- Critter Country was opened in 1972 and is home to the famous Splash Mountain.
- Fantasyland is one of the original sections of the park, home to Sleeping Beauty's Castle.
- Mickey’s Toontown was opened in 1993 is popular for spotting cartoon characters.
- Tomorrowland was designed to inspire its visitors to develop an adventure that would leave a mark for future generations. Attractions include Star Wars Launch Bay, Space Mountain, and Autopia.
Universal’s Islands of Adventure
The Islands of Adventure is a park containing numerous themes. The park was opened in 1999 and is located in Orlando, Florida. This park has a slogan “Vacation Like You Mean It” to suggest the level of adventure experienced in it. Exploration is the main theme of the park as guests depart to visit the seven islands of the park. The islands found in this park are Port of Entry Island, Toon Lagoon Island, Skull Island, Jurassic Park, Seuss Landing, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Marvel Super Hero, and The Lost Continent.
Discovery Cove is an amusement park also found in Orlando, Florida.This park is a property of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment who also own Aquatica Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando. The major attraction in this park is the bottlenose dolphins. The guests can play and even swim with the bottlenose dolphins. Discovery Cove also has an aviary that has got over 250 tropical birds. The grand reef that was opened in 2011 has a white sand beach and a palm-lined island. One can also enjoy crossing a rope bridge over a lagoon that is filled with sharks.
The popularity of these parks are caused by the themes in which they are designed in. A lot of guest flock this area during holidays and over the weekends to have an adventure and an experience of the good feeling of the amusements in this parks.
The Top-Rated Amusement Parks in the World
|Rank||Top Rated Travel Desinations|
|1||Universal's Islands of Adventure|
|5||Universal Studios Florida|
|6||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|7||Disney's Hollywood Studios|
|9||Disney California Adventure Park|
|10||Peto Carrero World|
|13||Disney's Animal Kingdom|
|15||Le Puy du Fou|
|16||Busch Gardens Tampa|
|17||Universal Studios - Singapore|
|21||Silver Dollar City|
|23||Cedar Point Amusement Park|
|25||Hong Kong Disneyland|
Your MLA Citation
Your APA Citation
Your Chicago Citation
Your Harvard CitationRemember to italicize the title of this article in your Harvard citation.