Quick Facts and Figures
- Capital City: Matá Utu
- Languages: French, Polynesian dialects
- Official Currency: Comptoirs Francais du Pacifique franc
- Religions: Catholic
- Population: 16,025 (July 2006 est.)
- Land Area: 274 sq km (105.7 sq miles)
- Latitude/Longitude: 13º 18S, 176º 12E
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on April 18, 2016.