Quick Facts and Figures
- Official Name New Caledonia (French overseas department, claimed 1853)
- Capital City Nouméa
- Languages French, Melanesian-Polynesian dialects
- Official Currency Comptoirs Francais du Pacifique franc
- Religions Catholic, Protestant, others
- Population 207,858 (July 2002 est.)
- Latitude/Longitude 21º 30S, 165º 30E
- Land Area 18,575 sq km (7,174 sq miles)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on July 12, 2016.