Alberta Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 642,317 sq km
(water) 19,531 sq km
(TOTAL) 661,848 sq km
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq miles, multiply kilometers by: 0.386102
- Land Area: (all provinces)
- Horizontal Width: 635 km (394 miles) from the British Columbia border (directly west of Grande Prairie), straight east to border with Saskatchewan.
- Vertical Length: the eastern border with Saskatchewan is 1221 km (759 miles)
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Country: (1) USA
- Bordering Provinces: (2) British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Bordering Territory: (1) Northwest Territories
- U.S. Border: 291 km (181 mi)
- Geographic Center: about 17 km NNW of Edmonton
- Highest Point: Mt. Columbia, 3,747m (12,293 ft.)
- Lowest Point: Salt River, 183m (600 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World