Physical MapView Map
|Area||505,990 km2 (#)|
|Population Density||92 people/km2|
|GDP PPP||$1,864.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$40,290|
Table of Contents
More on Spain
- Name: Spain, Kingdom of Spain
- Capital City: Madrid (3,141,991 pop.) (6,675,302 metro)
- Population: 46,698,151
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: 89.7% Spanish, 10.3% other
- GDP total: $1.864 trillion
- GDP per capita: $40,290
- Language: Castilian Spanish (official) 99%, Catalan 19%, Galician 5%, Basque 2%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Madrid, Bracelona, Valencia, Seville, Bilbao, Málaga,
- Oviedo–Gijón–Avilés, Alicante–Elche(–Elda)
- Name Origin: The meaning of the name Espana comes from the Phoenician word i-spn-ya, meaning "land where metals are forged".
- National Day: October 12
- Religion: Roman Catholic 94%, other 6%
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World