|Land Area||498,980 km2|
|Water Area||6,390 km2|
|Total Area||505,370km2 (#51)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,690.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$36,500|
|More Information||Spain History|
View all cities in Spain
- Name: Spain
(long form) Kingdom of Spain
- Capital City: Madrid (3,255,950 pop.)
- (5,843,031 metro)
- Spain Population: 47,370,542 (2013 est.)
World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Euro (conversion rates)
- 20 Euros
- Ethnicity: Spanish 87%, Latin Americans 7%, Western Europeans 3%, African and Middle Eastern 2%, other 1%
- GDP total: $1.409 trillion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $30,400 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Castilian Spanish (official) 74%, Catalan 17%, Galician 7%, Basque 2%, are official regionally
- Largest Cities: (by population) Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Sevilla, Zaragoza, Malaga, Murcia, Las Palmas, Bilbao, Palma
- Name: The meaning of the name Espana comes from the Phoenician word i-spn-ya, meaning "land where metals are forged".
- National Day: October 12
Note: Spain's National Day (Dia de la Hispanidad) commemorates the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus (Cristobal Colon) in 1492.
- Religion: Roman Catholic 94%, other 6%
What are the Ethnic Groups in Spain?
Romanians, Ecuadorians, and Moroccans are three of the biggest ethnic minorities of Spain.
Largest Ethnic Minorities In Spain
What is an Autonomous Government?
Autonomy refers to the capacity and right of a country or other jurisdiction to govern itself. The term, autonomous comes from the Greek word, autonomous meaning auto - “self” and nomos - “law” respectively. In political, moral, and bioethical philosophy, it is explained as the capability of an entity to make an informed, unforced decision.
What Is An Autonomous Government?
Who Was the First Prime Minister of Spain?
The first prime minister of Spain was Adolfa Suárez, who was in office between 1976 and 1981.