|Land Area||108,489 km2|
|Water Area||2,390 km2|
|Total Area||110,879km2 (#103)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$143.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$20,100|
View all cities in Bulgaria
- Name: Bulgaria
(long form) Republic of Bulgaria
- Capital City: Sofia (1,204,685 pop.)
- Bulgaria Population: 6,981,642 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Lev
- Ethnicity: Bulgarian 83.9%, Turk 9.4%, Roma 4.7%, other 2% (including Macedonian, Armenian, Tatar, Circassian)
- GDP total: $103.7 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $14,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Bulgarian (official) 84.5%, Turkish 9.6%, Roma 4.1%, other and unspecified 1.8%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Ruse, Stara Zagora, Pleven, Sliven, Dobric
- Name: Bulgaria's name is said to have come from the Turkic verb bulgha (to mix, shake, stir) and bulgak (revolt, disorder)
- National Day: March 3
- Religion: Bulgarian Orthodox 82.6%, Muslim 12.2%, other Christian 1.2%, other 4%
What Languages Are Spoken In Bulgaria?
Bulgarian, an Indo-European language is the official language of Bulgaria and is spoken by a majority of the country’s population. The two main minority languages spoken in Bulgaria are Turkish and Romani. A number of foreign languages are spoken in Bulgaria. Russian is the most commonly spoken foreign language in the country. 35% of the country’s population claim to possess a workable knowledge of this language. English is the second most common foreign language in Bulgaria and is spoken by about 23% of Bulgarians. Italian and Spanish (12%) and French (9%) are the other popular foreign languages spoken in the country.
Languages Spoken In Bulgaria
What Continent is Bulgaria In?
The country of Bulgaria is located on the southeastern portion of the continent of Europe.
Which Continent Is Bulgaria In?
Which Is The Most Populous City In Bulgaria?
With a population of over 1.2 million, Sofia is Bulgaria's most populous city. It is also the country’s capital city. Sofia is located in the Sofia Valley where it is surrounded by the Vitosha and Balkan mountains.
What are the Biggest Cities in Bulgaria?
What Kind of Government Does Bulgaria Have?
The prime minister of Bulgaria leads the government of the Republic of Bulgaria.
What Type Of Government Does Bulgaria Have?
What is the tallest mountain in Bulgaria?
Musala in southwestern Bulgaria is the highest peak in the Balkans with an elevation of 9,596 feet above sea level
The Tallest Mountains In Bulgaria
Who Was the First Prime Minister of Bulgaria?
The first prime minister of Bulgaria was Andrey Lukanov, who was in office between November and December of 1990.