- Name: Armenia
- (long form) Republic of Armenia
- Capital City: Yerevan (1,111,300 pop.)
- Armenia Population: 2,974,184 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Dram
- Ethnicity: Armenian 97.9%, Yezidi (Kurd) 1.3%, Russian 0.5%, other 0.3%
- GDP total: $18.95 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $5,600 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Armenian (official) 97.7%, Yezidi 1%, Russian 0.9%, other 0.4%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Yerevan, Vanadzor, Gyumri
- Name: Armenia's name comes from the Old Persian word Armina, of which the meaning is uncertain
- National Day: September 21
- Religion: Armenian Apostolic 94.7%, other Christian 4%, Yezidi (monotheist with elements of nature worship) 1.3%
|Land Area||28,203 km2|
|Water Area||1,540 km2|
|Total Area||29,743km2 (#138)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$26.30 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World