|Land Area||469,930 km2|
|Water Area||18,170 km2|
|Total Area||488,100km2 (#52)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic; Authoritarian|
|GDP (PPP)||$94.72 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,300|
View all cities in Turkmenistan
- Coastline: 0 km; note - Turkmenistan borders the Caspian Sea 1,098 miles (1,768 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 181,440 sq miles (469,930 sq km)
( water) 7,015 sq miles (18,170 sq km)
( TOTAL) 188,455 sq miles (488,100 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 5 provinces, including: Ahal Welayaty, Balkan Welayaty, Dashoguz Welayaty, Lebap Welayaty and Mary Welayaty
- Horizontal Width: 569.8 miles (917 km) from Turkmenbashi east to Turkmenabat
- Vertical Length: 284.42 miles (457.73 km) from Turkmenabat south to Gushgy
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan
- Geographic Center: About 23.29 miles (37.482 km) northeast of Yerbent
- Highest Point: Ayrybaba 10,298 ft. (3,139 m)
- Lowest Point: Sarykamish Lake's low points vary throughout the year - to recorded lows near -360 ft. (-110 m) below sea level
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is the biggest city in Turkmenistan?
Ashgabat city is the largest city in Turkmenistan with a population of around 880,000 people.
The Biggest Cities In Turkmenistan
What is the Door to Hell?
The Door to Hell refers to a surreal feature on the barren landscape of the Karakum Desert in Turkmenistan. The feature is a gaping crater on the surface of the land that was created by a mining miscalculation in a natural gas field.
The Darvaza Gas Crater: the Door to Hell
Which Languages are Spoken in Turkmenistan?
Turkmen is the official language of Turkmenistan.
What Languages Are Spoken In Turkmenistan?
What is the Capital of Turkmenistan?
Ashgabat is the capital city of Turkmenistan. It is located in Central Asia bordering the Caspian Sea and is primarily covered by the Karakum Desert.
What Is The Capital Of Turkmenistan?
What is the Tallest Mountain in Turkmenistan?
The tallest mountain in Turkmenistan is Mount Damavand, which stands at 18,410 feet. The volcanic mountain is in the middle of the Elburz Range.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites In Turkmenistan
What Kind of Government Does Turkmenistan Have?
Turkmenistan is a presidential republic where the President is both the Head of State and the Head of Government of the country.