|Land Area||469,930 km2|
|Water Area||18,170 km2|
|Total Area||488,100km2 (#52)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic; Authoritarian|
|GDP (PPP)||$94.72 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,300|
View all cities in Turkmenistan
- Coastline: 0 km; note - Turkmenistan borders the Caspian Sea 1,098 miles (1,768 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 181,440 sq miles (469,930 sq km)
( water) 7,015 sq miles (18,170 sq km)
( TOTAL) 188,455 sq miles (488,100 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 5 provinces, including: Ahal Welayaty, Balkan Welayaty, Dashoguz Welayaty, Lebap Welayaty and Mary Welayaty
- Horizontal Width: 569.8 miles (917 km) from Turkmenbashi east to Turkmenabat
- Vertical Length: 284.42 miles (457.73 km) from Turkmenabat south to Gushgy
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (4) Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan
- Geographic Center: About 23.29 miles (37.482 km) northeast of Yerbent
- Highest Point: Ayrybaba 10,298 ft. (3,139 m)
- Lowest Point: Sarykamish Lake's low points vary throughout the year - to recorded lows near -360 ft. (-110 m) below sea level
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What Kind of Government Does Turkmenistan Have?
Turkmenistan is a presidential republic where the President is both the Head of State and the Head of Government of the country.
What Type Of Government Does Turkmenistan Have?
Which Is The Most Popular Religion In Turkmenistan?
Islam is the religion of the majority in Turkmenistan. 89% of the country’s population adhere to this religion. Christianity is the next largest religion with 10% of the population affiliated to this religion.
Religion In Turkmenistan
Which Languages are Spoken in Turkmenistan?
Turkmen is the official language of Turkmenistan.
What Languages Are Spoken In Turkmenistan?
What is the biggest city in Turkmenistan?
Ashgabat city is the largest city in Turkmenistan with a population of around 880,000 people.
The Biggest Cities In Turkmenistan
What is the Culture of Turkmenistan Like?
Turkmenistan is a country located in Central Asia, formerly known as Turkmenia. The capital city is Ashgabat, and even though the official language in the state is Turkmen, Russian is spoken by a majority of the population living in the urban areas. The state has a total area of about 189,660 square miles, and the population was estimated at 5,662,544 in 2016. In 1995, Turkmenistan was declared a neutral state. The Turkmen people have been nomads and horsemen since ancient times.
The Culture Of Turkmenistan
What is the Capital of Turkmenistan?
Ashgabat is the capital city of Turkmenistan. It is located in Central Asia bordering the Caspian Sea and is primarily covered by the Karakum Desert.