- Name: Jordan
(long form) Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Capital City: Amman (1,919,000 pop.)
- Jordan Population: 6,482,081 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Jordanian dinar
- Ethnicity: Arab 98%, Circassian 1%, Armenian 1%
- GDP total: $38.67 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $6,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official), English widely understood among upper and middle classes
- Largest Cities: (by population) Amman, Irbid
- Name: Aramaic Yarden in origin, meaning "down-flowing," or "one who descends," and is named after the River Jordan
- National Day: May 25
- Religion: Sunni Muslim 92%, Christian 6% (majority Greek Orthodox, but some Greek and Roman Catholics, Syrian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Armenian Orthodox, and Protestant denominations), other 2% (several small Shia Muslim and Druze populations)
|Land Area||88,802 km2|
|Water Area||540 km2|
|Total Area||89,342km2 (#110)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$86.19 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World