|Land Area||364,485 km2|
|Water Area||13,430 km2|
|Total Area||377,915km2 (#61)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$4,930.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$38,900|
View all cities in Japan
- Name: Japan
- Capital City: Tokyo (13,185,502 pop.)
- Japan Population: 127,253,075 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Yen (JPY)
- Ethnicity: Japanese 98.5%, Koreans 0.5%, Chinese 0.4%, other 0.6%
Note: up to 230,000 Brazilians of Japanese origin migrated to Japan in the 1990s to work in industries; some have returned to Brazil
- GDP total: $4.525 trillion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $36,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Japanese
- Largest Cities: (by population) Tokyo, Yokohama-shi, Osaka-shi, Nagoya-shi, Sapporo-shi, Kobe-shi, Kyoto, Fukuoka-shi, Kawasaki, Saitama
- Name: The Japanese names for Japan, Nippon and Nihon, translate into "sun-origin" or the more often used, "Land of the rising sun."
- National Day: December 23
- Religion: Shintoism 83.9%, Buddhism 71.4%, Christianity 2%, other 7.8% note: total adherents exceeds 100% because many people belong to both Shintoism and Buddhism
What is the Biggest City in Japan?
Tokyo is the largest city in Japan.
10 Biggest Cities In Japan
What Kind of Animals Live in Japan?
Some of the animals that are native to Japan include the red-crowned crane, the steller's sea lion, the Japanese pond turtle, the green pheasant, and the sika deer.
Animals Native to Japan
What Kind of Government Does Japan Have?
Japan's government is a constitutional monarchy where the Emperor's power is limited to mainly ceremonial duties. The government has three branches, the executive, legislature, and the judiciary.
What Type Of Government Does Japan Have?
What Languages Are Spoken in Japan?
Japanese is the official language used in the country and is also the primary language in the country with over 125 million speakers. Besides the Japanese language, the other widely used language in Japan is the Ryukyuan language.
What Languages Are Spoken In Japan?
What type of economy does Japan have?
Japan is the second most advanced economy in the world, the third largest by nominal GDP, and the 4th by PPP. The country is one of the world’s most innovative economies having the largest electronic goods industry and patent filings. Japan is also the world’s biggest creditor with the leading public debt ratio.
The Economy Of Japan
What Does the Flag of Japan Mean?
The Japanese flag represents the sun, which has important religious and mythological significance in the country.The crimson red color of the symbolic sun is said to represent a prosperous future for Japan. The white background color symbolizes the purity, honesty, and integrity of the people of Japan.