- Name: South Sudan
- Capital City: Juba (372,410 pop.)
- South Sudan Population: 11,090,104 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: South Sudanese pound (SSP)
50 South Sudanese pounds
- Ethnicity: Dinka, Kakwa, Bari, Azande, Shilluk, Kuku, Murle, Mandari, Didinga, Ndogo, Bviri, Lndi, Anuak, Bongo, Lango, Dungotona, Acholi
- GDP total: $10.62 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Arabic (includes Juba and Sudanese variants) (official), regional languages include Dinka, Nuer, Bari, Zande, Shilluk
- Largest Cities: (by population) Juba, Malakal, Wau
- Name: Self-descriptive from it's location; Sudan translates to "Land of the Blacks" from the Arabic Bilad as-Sudan.
- National Day: July 9
- Religion: animist, Christian
South Sudan's Information
|Land Area||644,329 km2|
|Total Area||644,329km2 (#41)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$20.88 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,700|
|More Information||South Sudan|
About South Sudan
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World