|Land Area||910,768 km2|
|Water Area||13,000 km2|
|Total Area||923,768km2 (#31)|
|Government Type||Federal Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,090.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,900|
View all cities in Nigeria
- Name: Nigeria
(long form) Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Capital City: Abuja (3,000,000 pop.)
- Nigeria Population: 174,507,539 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Naira
- Ethnicity: Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, is composed of more than 250 ethnic groups; the following are the most populous and politically influential: Hausa and Fulani 29%, Yoruba 21%, Igbo (Ibo) 18%, Ijaw 10%, Kanuri 4%, Ibibio 3.5%, Tiv 2.5%
- GDP total: $455.5 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo (Ibo), Fulani, over 500 additional indigenous languages
- Largest Cities: (by population) Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin
- Name: From a native term Ni Gir meaning flowing water, the country is named after the Niger River.
- National Day: October 1
- Religion: Muslim 50%, Christian 40%, indigenous beliefs 10%
Who Was the First President of Nigeria?
Azikiwe was the first President of Nigeria after the country became a fully independent republic and Nigeria cut ties with Britain.
Presidents And Military Leaders Of Nigeria Since Independence
What are the Biggest Ethnic Groups in Nigeria?
The Hausa is the biggest ethnic group in Nigeria, making up 25.1% of the population.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Nigeria
What is the Major Religion in Nigeria?
42.5% of the population of Nigeria is Sunni Islam, 32.3% of the population of Nigeria is Protestant Christianity, and 10.9% of the population practices Roman Catholicism.
Religious Beliefs In Nigeria
What Language is Spoken in Nigeria?
Nigeria is a multilingual nation with over 520 languages being spoken in the country. English is the official language.
What Languages Are Spoken In Nigeria?
What is the Biggest City in Nigeria?
Lagos, with its 21 million metro area residents, is one of the earth's most populous urban areas and the largest city in Nigeria.
Biggest Cities In Nigeria
What Kind of Government Does Nigeria Have?
The federal government of Nigeria is composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive, and judicial.