- Name: Malawi
(long form) Republic of Malawi
- Capital City: Lilongwe (781,538 pop.)
- Malawi Population: 16,777,547 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Kwacha
- Ethnicity: Chewa, Nyanja, Tumbuka, Yao, Lomwe, Sena, Tonga, Ngoni, Ngonde, Asian, European
- GDP total: $14.5 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $900 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Chichewa 57.2% (official), Chinyanja 12.8%, Chiyao 10.1%, Chitumbuka 9.5%, Chisena 2.7%, Chilomwe 2.4%, Chitonga 1.7%, other 3.6%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Lilongwe, Blantyre, Zomba, Kasungu, Mangochi
- Name: Believed to come from a native word meaning "flaming water" due to the sun's reflection on Lake Malawi; however, President Banda has stated that the name came from Lac Maravi on an antique French map.
- National Day: July 6
- Religion: Christian 79.9%, Muslim 12.8%, other 3%, none 4.3%
|Land Area||94,080 km2|
|Water Area||24,404 km2|
|Total Area||118,484km2 (#98)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$21.20 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World