|Land Area||995,450 km2|
|Water Area||6,000 km2|
|Total Area||1,001,450km2 (#29)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,110.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$12,100|
View all cities in Egypt
- Name: Egypt
(long form) Arab Republic of Egypt
- Capital City: Cairo (9,120,350 pop.)
- Egypt Population: 85,294,388 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Egyptian pound (EGP)
50 Egyptian pounds
- Ethnicity: Egyptian 99.6%, other 0.4%
- GDP total: $537.8 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $6,600 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official), English and French widely understood by educated classes
- Largest Cities: (by population) Cairo, Alexandria, Giza, Subra al-Haymah, Port Said
- Name: From the ancient Greek Aigyptos meaning, "Home of the ka of Ptah."
- National Day: July 23
- Religion: Muslim (mostly Sunni) 90%, Coptic 9%, other Christian 1%
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
What are Egypt's endangered animals?
Arabian Leopards, Mediterranean Monk Seals, Addaxes, and Nubian Wild Asses are Critically Endangered in Egypt.