- Name: Egypt
(long form) Arab Republic of Egypt
- Capital City: Cairo (9,120,350 pop.)
- Egypt Population: 85,294,388 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Egyptian pound (EGP)
50 Egyptian pounds
- Ethnicity: Egyptian 99.6%, other 0.4%
- GDP total: $537.8 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $6,600 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official), English and French widely understood by educated classes
- Largest Cities: (by population) Cairo, Alexandria, Giza, Subra al-Haymah, Port Said
- Name: From the ancient Greek Aigyptos meaning, "Home of the ka of Ptah."
- National Day: July 23
- Religion: Muslim (mostly Sunni) 90%, Coptic 9%, other Christian 1%
|Land Area||995,450 km2|
|Water Area||6,000 km2|
|Total Area||1,001,450km2 (#29)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,110.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$12,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World