- Coastline: 0 km landlocked (0 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 486,177 sq miles (1,259,200 sq km)
(water) 9,575 sq miles (24,800 sq km)
(TOTAL) 496 sq miles (1,284 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 14 prefectures in Chad. They are Batha, Biltine, Borkou-Ennedi-Tibesti, Chari-Baguirmi, Guera, Kanem, Lac, Logone Occidental, Logone Oriental, Mayo-Kebbi, Moyen-Chari, Ouaddai, Salamat and Tandjile.
- Horizontal Width: 342.61 miles (551.37 km) from Mao east to Abeche
- Vertical Length: 902.78 miles (1,452.89 km) from Aozou south to Moundou
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (6) Cameroon, Central African Republic, Libya, Niger, Nigeria, Sudan
- Geographic Center: About 102.77 miles (165.39 km) south of Koro Toro
- Highest Point: Emi Koussi 11,204 ft (3,415 m)
- Lowest Point: Djourab Depression 524 ft (160 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||1,259,200 km2|
|Water Area||24,800 km2|
|Total Area||1,284,000km2 (#20)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$30.59 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,600|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World