- Name: Paraguay
(long form) Republic of Paraguay
- Capital City: Asuncion (680,250 pop.)
- Paraguay Population: 6,623,252 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Paraguay Guarani (PYG)
One Hundred Thousand Paraguayan Guaranies
- Ethnicity: Mestizo (mixed Spanish and Amerindian) 95%, other 5%
- GDP total: $41.1 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $6,100 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official), Guarani (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Asuncion, San Lorenzo, Capiata, Lambare, Fernando de la Mora, Limpio, Nemby
- Name: The official name is a compound phrase of a few Guaraní words. The literal translation contains three words. First, Para which means "of many varieties". Second, Gua which means "belonging to or place". Third, Y which means "water, river or lake".
- National Day: May 15
- Religion: Roman Catholic 89.6%, Protestant 6.2%, other Christian 1.1%, other or unspecified 1.9%, none 1.1%
|Land Area||397,302 km2|
|Water Area||9,450 km2|
|Total Area||406,752km2 (#59)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$64.67 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$9,500|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World