New Hampshire Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 8,968 sq miles
(water) 382 sq miles
(TOTAL) 9,350 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 69 miles from Claremont, east to Rochester
- Vertical Length: 159 miles from Pittsburg, directly south to Nashua
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (3) Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont
- Counties: (10) Map
- County: (largest by population) Hillsborough 382,739
- Geographic Center: about 3 miles to the east of Ashland in Belknap County
- Highest Point: Mt. Washington, 6,288 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 1004 ft.
- Relative Location
New Hampshire Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.