- Capital City: Boston (pop) 641,352 (2011 est.)
- Massachusetts Population: 6,646,144 (2012 est.) (14th)
- Massachusetts Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Massachusetts Quarter: The Massachusetts quarter,
the 6th in the series and the first quarter to be released in the 2000
series, features a design of "The Minuteman", the statue standing guard
at The Minuteman National Historical Park in Concord, Massachusetts.
The Minutemen played a large role in the protection of our nation against the British during the Revolutionary War. These forces were trained to assemble and fight on just a moment's notice, thus the term "minuteman". Additional details
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Cambridge, Brockton
- Name: The name, Massachusetts, is from the Algonquian Indian language meaning "big hill place".
- Statehood: February 6, 1788 (6th state)
Massachusetts Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World