Colorado Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 103,718 sq miles
(water) 459 sq miles
(TOTAL) 104,177 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 396 miles
- Vertical Length: 278 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (7) Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona
- Counties: (64) Counties Map
- County: (largest by population) Denver county, includes the city of Denver, 574,812
- Geographic Center: 30 miles northwest of Pike's Peak
- Highest Point: Mt. Elbert, 14,433 ft., about 16 miles to the southeast of Aspen
- Lowest Point: In the far-southeast, along the banks of the Arkansas River - 3,350 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 6,811 feet
- Relative Location
Colorado Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.