Colorado Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 103,718 sq miles
(water) 459 sq miles
(TOTAL) 104,177 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 396 miles
- Vertical Length: 278 miles
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (7) Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona
- Counties: (64) Counties Map
- County: (largest by population) Denver county, includes the city of Denver, 574,812
- Geographic Center: 30 miles northwest of Pike's Peak
- Highest Point: Mt. Elbert, 14,433 ft., about 16 miles to the southeast of Aspen
- Lowest Point: In the far-southeast, along the banks of the Arkansas River - 3,350 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 6,811 feet
- Relative Location
Colorado Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries