Prince Edward Island Facts
- Capital City: Charlottetown (58,625 pop.) (2006 CMA)
(CMA population includes city and metro suburb areas)
- Prince Edward Island Population: 140,204 (2011 est.)
- Prince Edward Island Population: (per square mile)
- Province Populations: (all provinces / territories)
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (conversion rates)
Fifty Canadian Dollars
- Charlottetown Facts
- Ethnicity: Scottish (38%), English (28%), Irish (17%), French (16%), others
- GDP total: $4.75 billion (Canadian dollars) (10th)
- GDP per capita: $31,278 (Canadian dollars) (13th)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Charlottetown, Summerside, Stratford, Montague
- Name: Its current name honors the fourth son of King George III, Prince Edward Augustus, the Duke of Kent (1767–1820), who was once in charge of all British military forces on the North American continent.
- Province Date: July 1, 1873
- Dominion dates (all provinces and teritories)
Note: The Canadian Confederation, or the birth of Canada as a recognized nation, took place on July 1, 1867, and originally included the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec.
- Religion: Catholic (47%), United Church of Canada (26%), Anglican Church of Canada (5%), others
Provinces & Territories Of Canada
This page was last updated on September 29, 2015.