- Capital City: Iqaluit (6,184 pop.)
- Nunavut Population: 31,906 (2011 est.)
- Nunavut Population: (per square mile)
- Province Populations: (all provinces / territories)
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (conversion rates)
Fifty Canadian Dollars
- Ethnicity: Inuit, (84%), non-aboriginal (15%)
- GDP total: $1.213 billion (Canadian dollars) (13th)
- GDP per capita: $39,383 (Canadian dollars) (8th)
- Iqaluit Facts
- Land Sizes
- Language: Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English, French
- Largest Cities: (by population) Iqaluit, Rankin Inlet, Arviat, Baker Lake, Igloolik
- Name: an Inuktitut word meaning "our land."
- Province Date: April 1, 1999
- Dominion Dates: (all provinces and teritories)
Note: The Canadian Confederation, or the birth of Canada as a recognized nation, took place on July 1, 1867, and originally included the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec.
- Religion: Anglican Church of Canada (58%), Catholic (23%), Pentecostal (4%), others
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?