British Columbia Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 925,186 sq km
(water) 19,549 sq km
(TOTAL) 944,735 sq km (5th)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all provinces)
- Horizontal Width: 677 km (421 miles) from Prince Rupert, directly east to border with Alberta
- Vertical Length: 1765 km (1097 miles) from Bennett in the far-northwest, southeast to Fernie
Note: Maximum lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Country: (1) USA
- Bordering Provinces: (1) Alberta
- Bordering Territory: (2) Yukon and Northwest Territories
- U.S. Border: 640 km (398 mi)
- Geographic Center: 69 km west of Prince George
- Highest Point: Mt. Fairweather 4,663m (15,299 ft.)
- Lowest Point: Pacific Ocean, 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World