- Name: Ukraine
- Capital City: Kyiv (Kiev) (2,797,553 pop.)
- Ukraine Population: 44,573,205 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Hryvnia
- Ethnicity: Ukrainian 77.8%, Russian 17.3%, Belarusian 0.6%, Moldovan 0.5%, Crimean Tatar 0.5%, Bulgarian 0.4%, Hungarian 0.3%, Romanian 0.3%, Polish 0.3%, Jewish 0.2%, other 1.8%
- GDP total: $335.4 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $7,600 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Ukrainian (official) 67%, Russian 24%, other 9% (includes small Romanian-, Polish-, and Hungarian-speaking minorities)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Kyyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Odesa, Zaporizhzhya, L'viv, Kryvyy, Mykolayiv, Mariupol, Luhansk
- Name: The origin of Ukraine's name can be traced back to ancient times, and simply means 'land.'
- National Day: August 24
- Religion: Ukrainian Orthodox - Kyiv Patriarchate 50.4%, Ukrainian Orthodox - Moscow Patriarchate 26.1%, Ukrainian Greek Catholic 8%, Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox 7.2%, Roman Catholic 2.2%, Protestant 2.2%, Jewish 0.6%, other 3.2%
|Land Area||579,330 km2|
|Water Area||24,220 km2|
|Total Area||603,550km2 (#45)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$353.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World