|Land Area||304,255 km2|
|Water Area||8,430 km2|
|Total Area||312,685km2 (#69)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,050.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$27,700|
View all cities in Poland
- Name: Poland
(long form) Republic of Poland
- Capital City: Warsaw (1,716,855 pop.)
- Poland Population: 38,383,809 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Zloty
- Ethnicity: Polish 96.7%, German 0.4%, Belarusian 0.1%, Ukrainian 0.1%, other and unspecified 2.7%
- GDP total: $470.4 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $21,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Polish (official) 97.8%, other and unspecified 2.2%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Warsaw, Lodz, Krakow, Wroclaw, Poznan, Gdansk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice
- Name: Poland's name is believed to come from the early tribal inhabitants (Polanie) who's name is derived from the Polish word pole (field), and is representative of the nature of the country.
- National Day: May 3
- Religion: Roman Catholic 89.8% (about 75% practicing), Eastern Orthodox 1.3%, Protestant 0.3%, other 0.3%, unspecified 8.3%
What is the Largest Ethnic Minority in Poland?
Germans are the largest ethnic minorities in Poland with a population of about 49,000. The Belorussians are the second largest ethnic minority group in Poland with a population of about 37,000.
Largest Ethnic Minorities In Poland
What is a Puppet Government?
A "puppet state" is a government that has little will of its own, as it needs financial backing or military support. Thus, it acts an a subordinate to another power in exchange for its own survival. The puppet government still holds its own facade of an identity, perpetuated by retaining its own flag, name, national anthem, law, and constitution. However, these type of governments are not considered as legitimate according to international law.
What Is A Puppet Government?
What are some of the most affordable places to study abroad in Europe?
Turkey, Poland, Estonia, Hungary, Portugal, and Austria are some of Europe's most affordable study destinations.