|Land Area||82,629 km2|
|Water Area||3,971 km2|
|Total Area||86,600km2 (#111)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$166.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,700|
View all cities in Azerbaijan
- Name: Azerbaijan
- (long form) Republic of Azerbaijan
- Capital City: Baku (2,064,900 pop.)
- Azerbaijan Population: 9,590,159 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Manat
- Ethnicity: Azeri 90.6%, Dagestani 2.2%, Russian 1.8%, Armenian 1.5%, other 3.9%
note: almost all Armenians live in the separatist Nagorno-Karabakh region
- GDP total: $98.16 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $10,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Azerbaijani (Azeri) (official) 90.3%, Lezgi 2.2%, Russian 1.8%, Armenian 1.5%, other 3.3%, unspecified 1%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Baku, Giandzha, Sumgait
- Name: Azerbaijan's name comes from the native spelling Azerbaycan ('the land of fire'), which referred to surface fires on ancient oil pools
- National Day: May 28
- Religion: Muslim 93.4%, Russian Orthodox 2.5%, Armenian Orthodox 2.3%, other 1.8%
note: religious affiliation is still nominal in Azerbaijan; percentages for actual practicing adherents are much lower
What is the biggest city in Azerbaijan?
Baku is the largest and the capital city of Azerbaijan.
The Biggest Cities In Azerbaijan
What are the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Azerbaijan?
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Azerbaijan include the Gobustan Rock Art Cultural Landscape and the Walled City of Baku, Shirvanshah's Palace, and Maiden Tower.