|Land Area||82,629 km2|
|Water Area||3,971 km2|
|Total Area||86,600km2 (#111)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$166.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,700|
View all cities in Azerbaijan
- Name: Azerbaijan
- (long form) Republic of Azerbaijan
- Capital City: Baku (2,064,900 pop.)
- Azerbaijan Population: 9,590,159 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Manat
- Ethnicity: Azeri 90.6%, Dagestani 2.2%, Russian 1.8%, Armenian 1.5%, other 3.9%
note: almost all Armenians live in the separatist Nagorno-Karabakh region
- GDP total: $98.16 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $10,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Azerbaijani (Azeri) (official) 90.3%, Lezgi 2.2%, Russian 1.8%, Armenian 1.5%, other 3.3%, unspecified 1%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Baku, Giandzha, Sumgait
- Name: Azerbaijan's name comes from the native spelling Azerbaycan ('the land of fire'), which referred to surface fires on ancient oil pools
- National Day: May 28
- Religion: Muslim 93.4%, Russian Orthodox 2.5%, Armenian Orthodox 2.3%, other 1.8%
note: religious affiliation is still nominal in Azerbaijan; percentages for actual practicing adherents are much lower
What Languages are Spoken in Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijani, the official language of Azerbaijan, is spoken by more than 90% of the population of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Azerbaijan?
How Much of Azerbaijan is in Europe?
Approximately 2,687.27 square miles of Azerbaijan lies within Europe.
Is Azerbaijan in Europe?
What is the biggest city in Azerbaijan?
Baku is the largest and the capital city of Azerbaijan.
The Largest Cities In Azerbaijan
Which Are The Biggest Industries In Azerbaijan?
Petroleum and natural gas, steel, iron ore, cement, etc., are some of the biggest industries of Azerbaijan.
The Biggest Industries In Azerbaijan
What Kind of Government Does Azerbaijan Have?
Azerbaijan is a semi-presidential republic where the president is the head of state, and the prime minister is the head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Azerbaijan Have?
What are the religious beliefs in Azerbaijan?
Shia Islam is the leading religious belief with 80% of the country’s population adhering to the faith, Sunni Islam is the second leading religious belief in Azerbaijan with a following of 13%, and Orthodox Christianity is the third largest religious belief with 3%. Other religions make up 4% of the population.