- Name: Philippines
(long form) Republic of the Philippines
- Capital City: Manila (1,652,171 pop.)
- Philippines Population: 105,720,644 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Philippine Peso (PHP)
- Ethnicity: Tagalog 28.1%, Cebuano 13.1%, Ilocano 9%, Bisaya/Binisaya 7.6%, Hiligaynon Ilonggo 7.5%, Bikol 6%, Waray 3.4%, other 25.3%
- GDP total: $423.7 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $4,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Filipino (official; based on Tagalog) and English (official); eight major dialects - Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilocano, Hiligaynon or Ilonggo, Bicol, Waray, Pampango, and Pangasinan
- Largest Cities: (by population) Manila, Davao, Cebu, Bacolod, Cagayan
- Name: Derived from King Philip II of Spain
- National Day: June 12
- Religion: Roman Catholic 80.9%, Muslim 5%, Evangelical 2.8%, Iglesia ni Kristo 2.3%, Aglipayan 2%, other Christian 4.5%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.6%, none 0.1%
|Land Area||298,170 km2|
|Water Area||1,830 km2|
|Total Area||300,000km2 (#72)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$807.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$7,700|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World