- Name: Israel
(long form) State of Israel
- Capital City: Jerusalem (780,200 pop.)
- Israel Population: 7,707,042 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: New Israeli Shekel (ILS)
- Ethnicity: Jewish 76.4% (Israel-born 67.1%, Europe/America-born 22.6%, Africa-born 5.9%, Asia-born 4.2%), non-Jewish 23.6% (mostly Arab)
- GDP total: $247.9 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $32,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Hebrew (official), Arabic official for Arab minority, English most common foreign language
- Largest Cities: (by population) Jerusalem, West Jerusalem, Haifa, Tel Aviv
- Name: Historically used as a reference to the biblical Kingdom of Israel; Israel was the name given to patriarch Jacob upon his successful battle with the angel of the Lord
- National Day: May 14
- Religion: Jewish 75.5%, Muslim 16.8%, Christian 2.1%, Druze 1.7%, other 3.9%
|Land Area||20,330 km2|
|Water Area||440 km2|
|Total Area||20,770km2 (#149)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy|
|GDP (PPP)||$297.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$34,800|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World