- Name: Libya
(long form) The Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Capital City: Tripoli (2,220,000 pop.)
- Libya Population: 6,002,347 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Libyan Dinar
One Libyan Dinar
- Ethnicity: Berber and Arab 97%, other 3% (includes Greeks, Maltese, Italians, Egyptians, Pakistanis, Turks, Indians, and Tunisians)
- GDP total: $87.91 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $13,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic, Italian, English, all are widely understood in the major cities
- Largest Cities: (by population) Tripoli, Benghazi, Misratah, Tarhuna, Al Baya, Al Khums
- Name: Named after an ancient Berber tribe known as the Libyans.
- National Day: December 24
- Religion: Sunni Muslim 97%, other 3%
|Land Area||1,759,540 km2|
|Total Area||1,759,540km2 (#16)|
|Government Type||In Transition|
|GDP (PPP)||$90.89 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World