- Name: Liberia
(long form) The Republic of Liberia
- Capital City: Monrovia (970,824 pop.)
- Liberia Population: 3,989,703 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Liberian Dollar
20 Liberian Dollars
- Ethnicity: Kpelle 20.3%, Bassa 13.4%, Grebo 10%, Gio 8%, Mano 7.9%, Kru 6%, Lorma 5.1%, Kissi 4.8%, Gola 4.4%, other 20.1%
- GDP total: $2.693 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English 20% (official), some 20 ethnic group languages few of which can be written or used in correspondence
- Largest Cities: (by population) Monrovia, Gbarnga, Kakata, Bensonville, Harper
- Name: Derived from the Latin liber, meaning, "Free." Aptly named for a country established as a homeland for free slaves.
- National Day: July 26
- Religion: Christian 85.6%, Muslim 12.2%, Traditional 0.6%, other 0.2%, none 1.4%
|Land Area||96,320 km2|
|Water Area||15,049 km2|
|Total Area||111,369km2 (#102)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$3.79 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World