- Name: Congo
(long form) Republic of the Congo
- Capital City: Brazzaville (1,018,541 pop.)
- Congo Population: 4,492,689 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Central African CFA franc
1000 Central African CFA francs
- Ethnicity: Kongo 48%, Sangha 20%, M'Bochi 12%, Teke 17%, Europeans and other 3%
- GDP total: $19.27 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $4,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), Lingala and Monokutuba (lingua franca trade languages), many local languages and dialects (of which Kikongo is the most widespread)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Brazzaville, Pointe Noire, Loubomo, Nkayi, Mossendjo
- Name: 'Congo' is derived from the Bantu kingdom Kongo, and translates to mean "hunters"
- National Day: August 15
- Religion: Christian 50%, animist 48%, Muslim 2%
|Land Area||341,500 km2|
|Water Area||500 km2|
|Total Area||342,000km2 (#63)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$30.27 Billion|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World