- Name: Chad
(long form) Republic of Chad
- Capital City: N'Djamena (993,492 pop.)
- Chad Population: 11,193,452 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Central African CFA franc
1000 Central African CFA francs
- Ethnicity: Sara 27.7%, Arab 12.3%, Mayo-Kebbi 11.5%, Kanem-Bornou 9%, Ouaddai 8.7%, Hadjarai 6.7%, Tandjile 6.5%, Gorane 6.3%, Fitri-Batha 4.7%, other 6.4%, unknown 0.3%
- GDP total: $21.34 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), Arabic (official), Sara (in south), plus an additional 120 different languages and dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) N'Djamena, Moundou, Sarh, Abeche, Kelo
- Name: Named for Lake Chad, which in turn comes from the Kanuri tsade, meaning, "lake."
- National Day: August 11
- Religion: Muslim 53.1%, Catholic 20.1%, Protestant 14.2%, animist 7.3%, other 0.5%, unknown 1.7%, atheist 3.1%
|Land Area||1,259,200 km2|
|Water Area||24,800 km2|
|Total Area||1,284,000km2 (#20)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$30.59 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,600|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World