- Name: Cameroon
(long form) Republic of Cameroon
- Capital City: Yaounde (1,817,524 pop.)
- Cameroon Population: 20,549,221 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: West African CFA francs
5000 West African CFA francs
- Ethnicity: Cameroon Highlanders 31%, Equatorial Bantu 19%, Kirdi 11%, Fulani 10%, Northwestern Bantu 8%, Eastern Nigritic 7%, other African 13%, non-African less than 1%
- GDP total: $24.51 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: 24 major African language groups, English (official), French (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Douala, Yaounde, Garoua, Kousseri
- Name: Meaning shrimp; the name was given due to the large swarm of ghost shrimp in the Wouri River.
- National Day: May 20
- Religion: indigenous beliefs 40%, Christian 40%, Muslim 20%
|Land Area||472,710 km2|
|Water Area||2,730 km2|
|Total Area||475,440km2 (#53)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$77.24 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World