There are 18 countries that start with the letter "b". They are as follows:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Burma (Myanmar)
The Bahamas is a state in the Caribbean comprising of over seven hundred islands in the Atlantic Ocean. The total area of the country is 13,878 square kilometers. The population of the country is just under 400,000 inhabitants and the majority ethnic group is African (91%) followed by European (~5%). An overwhelming majority of the local population is Christian (96%) with the rest made up of smaller communities of Jews, Muslims, and other practitioners.
The Kingdom of Bahrain is an island located in the Persian Gulf in the Middle East. It is only 780 square kilometers which makes it the third smallest state by size in Asia. The population of Bahrain is estimated to be over 1.4 million out of which 51% are Arabs and about 46% are South Asian. It is a Muslim majority country with 70% Muslims followed by 15% Christians and 10% Hindus.
The People’s Republic of Bangladesh is the eighth most populous country in the world with a population of almost 163 million. According to the latest estimates, 87% of the population is Muslim whereas the second major religion is Hinduism at 11%. The total area of the country is about 147,570 square kilometers which makes it one of the world’s most densely populated states. Bengali people form the largest ethnic group in the country at 98%.
Barbados is another island country in the Caribbean covering an area of 432 square kilometers. The total population is estimated to be nearly 280,000 with an overwhelming majority (95%) practicing the Christian faith.
The Republic of Belarus is a country is Eastern Europe. The total area of the country is about 207,000 square kilometers and its population is 9.5 million. Belarusians are the largest ethnic group in the country at 84% followed by 8% Russians. Christianity is the major religion with 54% practicing. However, 41% of the people declare themselves as not religious.
The Kingdom of Belgium is a state in Western Europe. Covering an area of about 30,500 square kilometers, Belgium has a population of 11.3 million. 61% practice Christianity while 32% are not religious. Islam comes in at third place with 5%.
Belize is a country in Central America with an area of 22,800 square kilometers and a population of 387 thousand people. The major ethnic group is Mestizo (53%) followed by Creole (26%) and Mayans (11%).
Benin is a small country in Western Africa with a population of nearly 11 million. It has multiple African ethnicities with the largest group being the Fon people at 39%.
The Kingdom of Bhutan is a small country in South Asia with a total area of 38,394 square kilometers and a population of nearly 800 thousand people.
Bolivia is a country in South America with a population of 11.4 million out of which 70% are Mestizo and 20% are indigenous.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina is a country in Eastern Europe. It has a population of a little over 3.5 million people. Bosniaks are the major ethnic group (50%) while Islam is the major religion (51%).
Botswana is a country in Southern Africa with a population of 2.25 million inhabitants. The Tswana people are the major ethnic group with 79% share while the same percentage of population practices Christianity which makes it the largest religion.
Brazil is the largest country by area in South America (and the fifth largest in the world) at 8.5 million square kilometers. A multiethnic country, Brazil is home to 208 million people of which 86% are Christians.
Brunei Darussalam is a state in Southeast Asia with a total area of only 5,765 square kilometers. The total population is only 417 thousand of which 66% are Malays. Islam is the largest faith with 67% population following the religion.
The Republic of Bulgaria is a small country in Southeast Europe. The population is 7.1 million of which 85% are ethnic Bulgarian peoples. Christianity is the major religion in the country which declares itself a secular state.
Burkina Faso is located in West Africa and with an area of 274 thousand square kilometers, it has a population of over 17.3 million. A multiethnic country, Bulgaria’s largest ethnic group are the Mossi which form about 48% of the total population.
Republic of the Union of Myanmar was formerly known as Burma. It is a state in Southeast Asia with an area of 676 thousand square kilometers. With a population of about 54 million people, Myanmar is predominantly Buddhist (88%) with the major ethnic group being the Bamar people (68%).
Republic of Burundi is a small country in East Africa. With an area of 27 thousand square kilometers and a population of over 10 million people, its major ethnic group is the Hutu (85%) and the major religion is Christianity (91%).
Countries That Start With The Letter B
|Countries That Start With The Letter B|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina|