- Capital City: Salt Lake City (pop.) 180,651 (2008 est.)
- Utah Population: 2,855,287 (2012 est.) (34th)
- Utah Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Utah Quarter: The fifth and final commemorative quarter coin released in 2007 honors Utah, and is the 45th coin in the United States Mint's 50 State Quarters® Program.
Utah was admitted into the Union on January 4, 1896, becoming our Nation's 45th State. Utah's quarter features two train locomotives moving toward the golden spike that joined the Central Pacific and Union Pacific Railroad, linking East to West and the inscription "Crossroads of the West".
The coin also bears the inscriptions of "Utah" and "1896".
The "Joining of the Rails Ceremony" where the Union Pacific and the Central Pacific Railorads completed the transcontinental route took place on May 10, 1869 at Promontory, Utah. This historic event made cross-country travel more convenient and economical. With the construction of the railroad and the mining boom, ethnic and diverse populations arrived in Utah.
Because of its central location, Utah became known as the "Crossroads of the West".
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Salt Lake City, West Valley City, Provo, Sandy, Orem, Ogden
- Name: It developed from a term that once refered to the Ute Indians as "people of the higher mountain."
- Salt Lake City
- Statehood: January 4, 1896 (45th state)
Utah Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Brigham City||Box Elder||435|
|West Jordan||Salt Lake||801|
|Salt Lake City||Salt Lake||801|
|West Valley City||Salt Lake||801|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Deadliest Mass Shootings In History
Murder Rate By Country
Countries With The Highest Rates Of Firearm Related Deaths
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations