"So much to see and so little time," is a frequent quote from visitors to Oahu, because many stay but a day or so, as 'The Gathering Place' as it's known, is often the springboard to the outer islands.
But for those who do linger, the Pearl Harbor Memorial, Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach, the Polynesian Cultural Center, shopping in the markets of Honolulu, and the crashing waves and surfers along the Banzai Pipeline and Sunset Beach are worth the extra time.
There's also fascinating Hawaiian history here, as well as great golf courses, endless white sand beaches and stunning natural vistas at every turn.
Oahu is Hawaii, so stay longer than planned.
- A visit to the Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Memorial
- A sunny day people-watching on Waikiki Beach
- 20 ft. high winter waves along Sunset Beach
- An evening cruise around Honolulu Harbor
- The Polylonesian Culture Center in Laie
- Nature tours through Molokai's Kamakou Forest
ADDITIONAL HAWAIIAN ISLAND PAGES:
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Poorest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
Largest Religions In The World
The Most Obese Countries In The World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World