Massachusetts Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 7,840 sq miles
(water) 2,717 sq miles
(TOTAL) 10,557 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 119 miles from the New York border, direcly east to Boston.
- Vertical Length: 48 miles from the New Hampshire border, directly south to the Connecticut border.
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Vermont and New Hampshire
- Counties: (14) Map
- County: (largest by population) Middlesex 1,473,298
- Geographic Center: is located in the town of Rutland in Worcester County
- Highest Point: Mt. Greylock, at 3,487 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 492 ft.
- Relative Location
Massachusetts Cities, Counties & Area Codes
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World