Massachusetts Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 7,840 sq miles
(water) 2,717 sq miles
(TOTAL) 10,557 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 119 miles from the New York border, direcly east to Boston.
- Vertical Length: 48 miles from the New Hampshire border, directly south to the Connecticut border.
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Vermont and New Hampshire
- Counties: (14) Map
- County: (largest by population) Middlesex 1,473,298
- Geographic Center: is located in the town of Rutland in Worcester County
- Highest Point: Mt. Greylock, at 3,487 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 492 ft.
- Relative Location
Massachusetts Cities, Counties & Area Codes
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on November 16, 2017.