- Name: Guatemala
(long form) Republic of Guatemala
- Capital City: Guatemala City (1,104,890 pop.)
(3,681,309 metro pop.)
- Guatemala Population: 14,373,472 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Quetzal (GTQ), US dollar (USD), others accepted in major cities (conversion rates)
One Guatemala Quetzal
- Ethnicity: Mestizo (mixed Amerindian-Spanish - in local Spanish called Ladino) and European 59.4%, K'iche 9.1%, Kaqchikel 8.4%, Mam 7.9%, Q'eqchi 6.3%, other Mayan 8.6%, indigenous non-Mayan 0.2%, other 0.1%
- GDP total: $78.42 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $5,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official), Amerindian
- Largest Cities: (by population) Guatemala City, Mixco, Villa Nueva, Petapa, San Juan Sacatepequez
- Name: The origin of the name Guatemala is Indian, but its meaning is undetermined. It is believed that the name Guatemala means "land of the trees" in the Maya-Toltec language.
- Independence Day: September 15
- Religion: Catholic, Protestant, Mayan beliefs
|Land Area||107,159 km2|
|Water Area||1,730 km2|
|Total Area||108,889km2 (#105)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$132.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$7,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World